The sponsored walk around Dimmingsdale on Sunday was blessed by lovely weather- which was a great relief to walkers and dogs alike! It was wonderfully supported and the Society is delighted to say in excess of £1,000 has been raised to help the waifs and strays in their care. Additional sponsorship money is still due to come in too.
A big thank you goes out to everyone who came and took part in the walk and to everyone who also gained sponsorship for their own dogs. Fantastic amounts were raised by each. Also many thanks to everyone who sponsored the nine dogs who were walking who are currently in the care of the Society and looking for homes.
All nine were brilliantly behaved and couldn’t have advertised themselves any better- they were absolute stars. Hopefully word gets round how lovely they are and that they get fantastic new homes quickly as a result!’ They are Zeus, Ebony, Axel, Cass, Anya, Roger, Fudge, Melody and Tommy.
Rusty the little Yorkshire Terrier raised a massive £200 towards this total which was brilliant.
Photos will appear on the individual dog rehoming pages but just a few here show how everyone enjoyed the day.
Booking in point will be situated at The Ramblers Retreat but walking routes are flexible!
All walkers should book in either at the start of their walk or mid way depending on where you start walking from.
Booking in is between 10.30-11 am
- £5 entry fee per dog (if have more than one dog additional donation for your others is optional)
- Additionally get a sponsorship form and ask friends to sponsor your dog (do still join us even if you don’t get sponsors)
- Some of the C.A.W. dogs currently looking for homes will also be walking- PLEASE DO ASK FRIENDS TO SPONSOR THEM TOO!
Walk options include:
- 1.8 miles approx from the Ramblers Retreat around the
Ponds at Dimmingsdale;
- 2.4 miles approx from Oakamoor Picnic site along the
old Churnet Railway Track to the Ramblers Retreat and back;
- 4.2 miles approx from Oakamoor Picnic site along the
old Churnet Railway Track to the Ramblers Retreat, around the Ponds and back
Click here to open up a document which has further details regarding walking routes.sponsored walk 22 May 2016 (v2may)
Download a Sponsorship form for your dog here sponsorship form Dog Walk 22nd May 2016 (portrait) or from the ‘events’ page.
Blank Sponsorship forms plus forms to sponsor the C.A.W. dogs will be made available nearer to at:
• E + E Furniture Stores, High Street, Cheadle
• Lime Trees Veterinary Clinic, Tean Road, Cheadle
• or Request one to be sent via email
• Pay Pal or My Donate can also be used to sponsor the C.A.W. dogs
We should all be walking- Please do sponsor us.