Events & ebay sales
This page will be updated regularly with new and exciting events to put in your diary so be sure to keep checking back to keep up to date with what’s happening and when.
For more information on any of the featured events please feel free to contact us.
See also local newspapers, particularly the Leek and Cheadle Post weekly newspapers. Reminders for our events appear on our Facebook page too.
Monthly Events Calendar
& ebay sales
General knowledge Quiz ( ** sold out! **)
Friday 3rd November 7pm. Greatwood Hall, Tean
Our next Quiz is being held at Greatwood Hall, Hollington Road, Tean starting at 7pm. The cost is £12 per person which will include a raffle ticket and a Fish and Chip supper (veggie option available). Bring your own drinks and glasses. You can have a team of up to 5 people. There will be a prize for each member of the winning team and also a much smaller prize for each member of the losing team. The quiz nights are always great fun.
If you would like to join us, please contact Elaine on 07754 470 774 or email us. The number of teams will be limited so don’t leave it too long to secure your place.
We will also be involved in the following events and would love to see you there or activities for you to get involved in!
- Saturday November 4th – Girl Guides Autumn Fair at the Guild Hall Cheadle from 10am – 1pm. We will have a Bric a Brac stall where we will be selling a variety of items plus our Christmas cards and 2024yr calendars. We will also have our popular Pick a Card games, one for children and one for adults. It’s a chance to do some Christmas shopping!
- The PETS FOUNDATION SANTA PAWS appeal launches on Monday 27th November and ends on Christmas Eve. Visit Pets At Home Uttoxeter during Santa Paws to donate to help Cheadle and District Animal Welfare Society. We will receive 50% of all money raised at the Uttoxeter Store during this time. CAW volunteers will be in store supporting the team on Saturday 2nd, 9th, 16th and Wednesday 20th December. Christmas Cards will be on sale, there will be a raffle as well as the forever popular adult and children’s card game.
- We have donation sheets circulating and in shops for Give a Waif and Stray a Christmas Dinner. Cross Street Pet Stores in Cheadle has sheets. You can also contact us for a sheet for family and friends to complete. There are food hamper prizes for overall winners.
- Saturday December 2nd we have a stall at a Christmas Fair at Greatwood Hall. It’s from 10am. On the stall will be all kinds of Bric a Brac, our Christmas cards and calendars and there will also be a game to Guess the Name of the Teddy Bear with a fabulous big Teddy to be won.
- We will have a stall and games at the Uttoxeter Christmas Cracker evening in December.
Please check out our ebay entries!
We have quite a range of of items that we are selling on ebay to raise funds, including jigsaws, books, gifts and toys.
Please take a look.
Once on the ebay site, search for Cheadle Animal Welfare Society and you find all the items to buy. Contact us if you have difficulty in buying an item off the ebay site that you may have seen.
Contact us by telephone or email.
Recycle4Charity is a free and easy to use ink recycling programme, that helps its thousands of members raise funds for charity and non-for-profit organisations. Cheadle & District Animal Welfare Society is now registered with them.
So please do not throw away your old ink cartridges! If you obtain a postage free envelope from Recycle4charity and post the old cartridge to them we will receive a donation from them. You can send several in one go too!
Its a simple process. Please visit their website https://www.recycle4charity.co.uk/ to see what you do and select Cheadle & District Animal Welfare Society – C101608 when selecting your chosen charity!
Every donation means a lot to us.
*** WELL INTO THE FUTURE EVENTS
NOTE YOUR DIARIES! ***
If you have a suggestion for events/activities that you think would be of interest to people, and can help us to raise funds, please do let us know. Also, if you are able to help us with any of our fund raising activities/events do please contact us.